Irony and coincidence seem to have alternating control over my life. Right as I start considering posting a followup to my August blogathon, I get hit by someone else’s. I was tagged by Fernando over at Committed to Celluloid, and now, I must pass the tag on to eleven more people. He says this is like a game of tag, except online; I don’t know about him, but I don’t have eleven hands, so some of you may realize you’ve been tagged before others.
Here are the rules:
1. Each person tagged must post 11 things about themselves.
2. They must also answer the 11 questions the ‘tagger’ has set for them.
3. They must create 11 more questions to ask bloggers they have decided to tag.
4. They must then choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers and tag them in their post.
5. These lucky bloggers must then be told.
6. There are no tag backs
Eleven things about myself:
2. I REALLY wish people made a big deal about ageism, as much as they do about racism and sexism.
3. I can’t stand One Direction. Severe lack of originality is one thing; pairing that with agonizing cheese is another.
4. 1980 gets my vote for the best year in film. Hands down.
5. Although I cringe at the thought of President Obama’s inevitable second term, I can’t wait for the election so that Roger Ebert can stop tweeting (in his case, that’s short for “whining on Twitter”) about politics.
6. I’ve seen every film Gary Ross and Christopher Nolan have directed. I’ve come pretty close with James Cameron, but I can’t find a copy of his debut (and only poorly received): Piranha Part Two: The Spawning.
7. In the past two or three weeks, my life has seemed to strangely parallel Johnny Depp’s title character in What’s Eating Gilbert Grape. Exhausting.
8. I’m practically tapping my foot as I wait for the moment that I see a film directed by Quentin Tarantino. (I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve mentioned this–it’s because I feel so cinematically deprived.)
9. My five most anticipated movies of 2012 that I haven’t yet seen are Hitchcock (apparently it was moved from January 2013 to November 2012 for Oscar consideration), Lincoln, Amour, Hyde Park on Hudson, and Les Misérables.
10. I think, therefore I am.
11. My blog is not Fight Club. Please talk about it to anyone and everyone. If I have (200) followers by December 15th, I will dedicate two weeks to reviewing some of the worst movies ever made (as voted by y’all).
Fernando’s questions and my responses:
1. Spring, Summer, Fall or Winter?
2. Fruit juice or fruit-flavored soda?
3. Modern Family, Parks & Recreation or Community?
I don’t know. Haven’t watched any of those.
4. Britney or Christina?
Britney by a (blonde?) hair.
5. Luke or Owen or Andrew Wilson?
Owen Wilson stands out of all those names. He hasn’t chosen the best projects, but after last year’s Midnight in Paris, I have faith in him.
7. Christmas or Halloween?
Every Christmas Eve, I watch National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation, and ever since I first saw it, I’ve tried to fit John Carpenter’s Halloween into my viewing schedule. Movie-wise, I’d eventually settle on Halloween. Otherwise, Christmas.
8. Drama or comedy?
Drama and comedy have way too many sub-genres, some of which I enjoy more than others. I’ll keep it simple and say a blend between the two (“dramedy” or comedy-drama).
9. Dogs or cats?
Even if I weren’t allergic to cats, it’d still be dogs by a long shot.
10. Digital media or print media?
Print media. Except for the news, which I’d much rather read online.
11. Beatles or Stones?
Although I love the Rolling Stones, I’ve been a huge Beatles fan since I was three or four years old.
If I tagged you (see next section), here are the questions you have to answer:
1. What is your name?
2. What is your quest?
3. What is your favorite color?
4. Psycho or Vertigo?
5. Fargo or The Big Lebowski?
6. Peanut butter or Nutella?
7. Harry Potter or The Hunger Games (books, movies, either is fine)?
8. Mel Brooks or Woody Allen?
9. James Bond or Jason Bourne?
10. Alien or Blade Runner?
11. Do you feel lucky?
If your blog is listed below, you have been tagged:
Note: I am aware some of you have 200 followers or more. If you are listed, either I’m a fan, I’m curious to see your responses, or both.
Peace wherever and whenever possible.
–Alexander “The Cinemaniac” Diminiano